Friday 10 February 2012

Finger knitting

During my research for processes I could use for this project I found out about finger knitting. although I don't know whether or not any nomadic tribes use finger knitting, I thought that because you only need your fingers and yarn, finger knitting would be a very fitting craft if you lived a nomadic way of life.

I found this excellent how-t0 on the Flax and Twine blog and was up and running in no time!


I really have fallen in love with finger knitting, it's so easy to do and it's very relaxing to sit on the sofa and do it while I listen to the radio or listen to Ella read. I have even taught Ella to do it now, and she knitted a scarf for her teddy bear.

I have used different thicknesses of yarn which create different effects and also used two colours together. The knits are long and thin and roll in on themselves creating a tube like effect. I think that I could try weaving them together to create colourful textured sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment