Tuesday 15 May 2012

Screen printing

When I came in today my screen was ready to print with - Yay!


I was pretty nervous about printing though, as I will be printing straight onto my finished garment, so there is no going back if I made a mistake. So I printed on a few separate pieces of calico before I took the plunge, these will also give me an opportunity to practise painting with my procion dyes onto the screen printed areas.





This is the result of the screen print, which I'm really happy with. I then went onto to bite the bullet and print directly onto the print. This was quite tricky, as the pleats in the fabric at the top of the skirt made it difficult to keep the screen close to the fabric. This resulted in two of the prints coming out with thicker lines and some smudges. To solve this problem I have decided to hand embroider these two prints to give them better definition.



I also had a bit of a print disaster on the print to the middle of the skirt. I forgot to retape up the edges of screen after cleaning it in between prints and so I am left with a splodge at the top. I'm thinking of a way I can cover it or conceal it. maybe with a another pocket or some sort of cotton tape or ribbon?

No comments:

Post a Comment