Friday 4 May 2012

Finishing garment construction


Yesterday, with the help of Fiona, I managed to finish the construction of my final outcome, my apron dress. Originally I had planned to make a toile from calico first, to give me the opportunity to experiment with placement of my print and embroidery, and then make up my final outcome after I had made those decisions. But due to time constraints and the fact that I have chosen to make my final outcome out of undyed calico anyway, we made the decision to make the toile the final garment. Luckily I had been very neat with my cutting and sewing anyway so it was just a case of overlocking the raw edges before I finished sewing it all together.



I forgot to take a photo of it on the mannequin, but this was me laying out on the table so I could get a better idea of how to draw it as a flat so I could decide of the design placement of my print and embroidery.



No comments:

Post a Comment