Thursday 17 May 2012

Dealing with disaster

So this morning was spent working out how to conceal my printing mistake that happened on tuesday. I found some curtain tape in a box of scraps that I thought I could use in place of some cotton tape.



Fiona and I spent some time fiddling about with it to see how we could conceal it, whilst turning it into a feature.


There was this option of turning it into a tie in some way, but I wasn't keen on the shapes it made, and I thought it would restrict movement which I thought would be impractical.




I had the idea of creating loops in the tape so that tools could be hung from it like I shown above. But in the end I went with Will's suggestion that I turn the mistake into a feature, as it looked a bit like soil, and turn it into a 'soil' border that frames the print around the top and bottom edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment