Tuesday 16 April 2013

Investigation of fashion & textile practices - module review

I think that I have produced a good range of visual and written investigations of the brief including both secondary and primary research. I have finished my jersey jumpsuit toile, which I am generally pleased with, but if I made it again I would try and get the slouchy pockets/hips higher up so they are more suitable for use as pockets. I like the fact that it has no fastenings to spoil the streamline design and comfort of the jumpsuit. It has a very wide neck so that you can just step into it and pull it on



I have also produced some designs ideas, but need to work on more and remember to consider how they might translate into pattern repeats. I will need to consider what printing methods I will use for my final 2m wallpaper drop. e.g. screen prints using stencil or exposed screen, block printing, flock and foil. I think that I need to do some research into companies who sell hand-printed wallpapers and the methods that they use to help with my decision.






The next stage for me is to create and print 3 different large screen print designs. I can then cut those up and develop them into several A3 design ideas, based on various themes from my sketchbook work. I would like to work into them with stitch, block printing and ink. I also need to start using photoshop to create repeat prints from my design ideas and practice applying the repeat patterns to a drawing of my jumpsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment